Such a beautiful sunny day. Was looking forward to leave the laboratory ( where I work), come home and cook this dish. My first step in my River Cafe challenge ( http://wp.me/p2hJ2p-48) . Spaghetti with 3 ingredients how simple, how summery and how delicious.
If anyone is familiar with Jamie Oliver’s 30min show, you see that he has put his own spin on this beautiful summery recipe by creating a dish called “Wonky Pasta”. Although tasty but I prefer this original recipe plus “Spaghetti al Limone” sounds nicer, doesn’t it!
So here it is the recipe from the queen of Italian food, Rose Gray:
- A pack of thin Italian spaghetti
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 350 g grated Parmesan
- 150 ml 100% olive oil
- fresh basil
- Boil enough water in a saucepan, add spaghetti and salt (I hear the water that you boil your pasta in, should be as salty as Mediterranean water, so be generous with salt).
- Mix the lemon juice, Parmesan and olive oil together. ( Apparently it’s crucial to stick to this ratio, so who am I to disagree?!)
- Drain your spaghetti when al dente , add the sauce , rip a few basil leaves and mix .
- Serve and enjoy, immediately!
Thanks for looking and come back soon.