After work went to my favourite SuperQuinn supermarket. I only recently discovered that there was one right on my way back from work and have spent more time in there than ever needed. This evenings visit was to shop for tonight’s tea. Love just browsing in those aisles, and unwinding following my 9-5. There was French food sale on and after looking at a lot of sophisticated food packages, I had a sudden desire for a less sophisticated ingredient: Corned Beef!. The first time that I bought one (10yrs ago!) was purely for the love of the tin. A key to open the can, how cute is that?! After a thorough search I spotted them! Those odd looking tins, total outcasts!
Anyway, i finished my shopping and made this dish, super speedy and full of comfort feelings!
Unfortunately the picture is not doing it’s justice, at all. To imagine how it tastes like ; think of corned beef and bacon, the smell and the cosiness! The slight crunch and sweetness of sauteed onions and cabbage. Add soft fluffy potatoes and some freshness from parsley! Top the whole thing with a fried egg and it’s runny yolk!! There ….pretty yummy and more-ish!
I ‘ ll say there is no specific recipe for this. But here for the guideline is what I did:
Ingredients (for 2 ):
- Corned Beef (1 tin)
- Potato (2x Med, boiled and chopped to cubes)
- Onion (1x large)
- Cabbage ( 1 quarter of a medium cabbage)
- Smoked bacon (2 slices)
- 1 egg per serving
- First I sauteed the onion , added the cabbage half way through. let them soften on low heat.
- Fry bacon in the same pan, add corned beef and boiled potato cubes to the same pan, stir and let fry/cook.
- Season with salt.
- Chop a handful of fresh parsley and add to the mixture.
- Fry an egg in a separate pan and add on top.
Thanks for looking and come back soon.