Here I am cooking some persian food but in a modernised way. Meaning trying to spend less time spent in kitchen, have lower calories and more attention to the presentation. But taste every bit as good hopefully.
The dish I have prepared is the most common food in Turkey and Iran. Referred to as ” Chelow Kabob” or Rice and lamb Kabob.
- Add a few saffron strands to a cup
- Add a few drops of hot water and wrap the top with cling film- let the saffron to infuse.
- when saffron is dark enough, take about 2 tbs of your recently cooked rice and mix with saffron. This will be added to the top of your final rice dish when served.
- Pre-marinate the lamb cubes in Fragrant Persian spice mix, please click here for the mix.
- Tomatoes and onions are perfect accompany to this dish
- Cook the skewers for a few mins on each side on a hot griddle pan
The final dish:
- I have decorated the rice with sumac and spring onions. Both are must! Sumac is easily available in most supermarkets. I have used wild sumac which is deeper in colour and flavour.
- Yoghurt with dried/fresh mint and black pepper
Thanks for looking and come back soon!