Continuing posting about my Thai cookery class recipes: (For lesson one click here please )
This peanut sauce can be used in cooking ( in recipes such as pad thai) or to dip spring rolls.
This is so amazingly tasty that you have to stop yourself having it on it’s own! 😉
(Cooking time 4-5 mins, its vegetarian, vegan friendly, the given quantities in the recipe will produce about 100ml of sauce).
STEP 1: (Medium heat)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 coarsely chopped medium tomato
Crush the tomato in the woke with the spatula.
Reduce the heat a little, then add:
- 1 teaspoon red or Tom Yum chilli paste. ( Tom yum is easily available in Asian stores. It contains ingredients such as lemon grass, galangal, sugar and chilli.)
Fry until fragrant.
- 6 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 table spoon crushed roasted ground peanuts
Add more coconut milk if sauce becomes too thick.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 table spoon mixed light and dark soy sauce
Turn the heat off.
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Please consider that this sauce should be a mixture of : salty, sweet, sour and spicy. It’s quite important to stick with the ratios mentioned in the recipe. But you can use your own judgment at the end. For example I preferred to add a touch of chilli at the end.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!