I love novel and fresh ideas in the world of foodies. Sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, flour-free brownie squares is one of those absolute genius recipes. A healthy way to satisfy a chocolate craving!
The recipe comes from a book called Raw Food Detox . The chef is Anya Larda, who is a trained chef by Cordon-bleu. It’s filled with little genius ideas.
(Makes 6 large portions)
- 300g/ 2 cups cashews
- 120g/ 3/4 cup walnuts
- 110g/ 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 100g/ 3/4 soft pitted dates
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- agave or pure maple syrup
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until they are well combined and you have a smooth and rather sticky paste. If it is too fry, add 2 or more tablespoon of agave or maple syrup.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan ( lined with parchment paper or cling film). Smooth level with your hands.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Good to know about coconut oil:
Coconut oil or coconut butter ( in its solid form) is extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts. The naturally occurring saturated fat in coconut oil is actually good for you and provides a number of health benefits, including increasing the metabolism and boosting your thyroid.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!