This is the second recipe from Anya Ladra that I have tried and I am pleasantly surprised, yet again. The kind of recipe that could change your lifestyle! This mocha torte is dark, rich and decadent and best of all it’s sugar-free, dairy-free, flour-free, egg-free and no baking is involved. A lovely thing to have in your fridge to satisfy your chocolate cravings. There will be no compromising on flavour nor on texture. It’s scrumptious and more-ish.
Please keep in mind:
- You need a food processor_ a hand blender won’t be powerful enough to create you a smooth paste.
- This is not necessary a weight-loss recipe. However, it is a very healthful recipe. All ingredients used are unprocessed and good for your body. Fantastic source of vitamins and mono-unsatuarated fatty acids. If you are on a detox/ body cleansing diet this mocha torte is an ideal dessert.
- This recipe is all about balance of flavours and textures and for the perfect result you should follow the recipe as it has been stated ( i.e. do not substitute nuts one for another).
( Serves 6-8)
For The Pastry Dough
- 300g/ 2cups almonds
- 4 soft, pitted dates ( I used 6 )
- 2 table spoon raw cacao powder
- 1-2 table spoon pure maple syrup – ( I used 3 tbsp honey instead )
- A pinch of salt
For The Filling
- 300g/ 2 cups cashews
- 140g/ 3’4 cup coconut oil
- 200ml / 3’4 fresh espresso coffee
- 75g/ 3’4 raw cacao powder, plus extra for dust
- 125 ml / 1’2 cup pure maple syrup – (I used honey instead)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- deep, 23 cm / 9inch tart pan
- For the pastry dough, soak almonds in a bowl of cold water for 6 hours or over night.
- Thoroughly drain the almonds and put in a food processor with dates, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt. Blitz to a smooth and thick paste. It may be necessary to scrape the side of the food processor with a spatula and continue to blend.
- Transfer the pastry dough to the tart pan. Push the dough evenly over the base and side of the pan with your fingers to make a neat shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, put all the ingredients in the food processor. Blitz until smooth, then pour into the tart shell. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Dust with cacao powder . ( I used crystallised raw coconut nectar for dusting).
- Enjoy it, guilt-free!
Thanks for looking and come back soon!