This post is inspired by the fantastic Fish & Chips salad I had in the Greedy Goose, Malahide . It has all the loveliness of a Fish & Chips , including the salty vinegary and crunchy parts, minus the unwanted calories. It’s a light and modern version of Fish & Chips if you like it. Served with a thin tartare sauce. Just perfectly delicious and fresh.
I am using this post as an opportunity to ‘show-off’ my purchase of purple potatoes! When I spotted them last week, for the first time ever, had to buy some. Apparently they are originated from South America, and may be referred to as blue potatoes. I chose to boil them to be able to taste their natural flavour, they tasted pretty much the same as normal potatoes. Maybe more earthy-ness about them.
Also introducing my new loved-kitchen-gadget a “spiraliser” . ( Mine was kindly given to me as a birthday gift by lovely Mrs Marsh .)
INGREDIENTS for the salad:
- White fish ( I used basa fish, lightly dusted with corn flour, paprika for colour, and salt, then fried)
- Young green lettuce
- Fresh Mangetout peas ( microwaved for 2 mins)
- Boiled potatoes
- Deep fried potatoes ( spiralised or shredded )
- Mini spring onions
- Cherry tomatoes
Salad Dressing :
- Mini capers
- Pickled cucumbers, finely diced
- Parsley, finley chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- Use the vinegar from the pickled cucumbers and some water to thin down the sauce to a salad dressing consistency
- Add all the ingredients together. Top up with a glug of the sharp and creamy dressing – enjoy!
Thanks for looking and come back soon!