This open sandwich is one of my absolute favourite sandwiches. It has saved me from cooking and struggling what to eat on many lazy/busy weekends.
Saltiness of smoked salmon, with creamy-ness of brie, freshness of avocado and squeeze of fresh lemon sings perfection to me. A light and non-stodgy sandwich. The flavours are so subtle that makes this very more-ish. I have had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one day! Yep! (Hopefully that statement says more about the deliciousness of the sandwich rather than my lazy-ness).
The recipe is from Skinny Weekends and Weekend Feasts . It’s under the the category of “Working Lunches”. Serves 1 and contains 383 calories.
- 1 thin slice of seeded rye bread ( I use gluten-free bread )
- 50 g smoked salmon
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 30g ripe brie cheese
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs poppy seeds ( I usually don’t have this)
- Freshly black pepper
- Top the bread with smoked salmon and avocado.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice, then kay over the brie. Sprinkle over the poppy seeds and grind over a little black pepper.
Have a great weekend and come back soon!