Spotted a recipe in last year’s issue of BBC GoodFood magazine perfect for a lazy sunday, cheap and cheerful. The base of this pizza is made from beautifully vibrant yellow colour polenta that is ready in 10 mins. For the topping feel free to add your favourite pizza additions. It’s a personal thing!
( Serves 4, prep 10 mins, Cook 30 mins).
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 200 instant polenta
- 50g Parmesan grated
- 140g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 200g grated mozzarella
- 100g semi dried tomatoes ( check out my home made semi-dried tomatoes recipe here )
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 Italian pork sausages, skin removed and split into bite size chunks (I used gluten-free sausages and fried them in a pan before hand- scared of under cooked pork).
- Heat oven to 190C/170 C Fan/ gas 5. In a large saucepan . Bring stock to boil . (I used water and a vegetable stock cube) . Slowly pour in polenta, a little at a time, until completely absorbed. Lower the heat, stir quickly for 5 mins then remove from the heat altogether. Stir in 1 tbs of Parmesan, then spread polenta on a (parchment-lined) baking tray, so it’s 1-2 cm thick.
- Cook the broccoli in a salted water for 2 mins, drain, then rinse under cold water. (I just microwave them for 1 min).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan over the polenta, then top with tomatoes, garlic, broccoli and sausage. Bake for 20 mins until the sausage is browned and sides of polenta crisp.